I created a blank solution in VS2008 and added 8 projects in this solution. Out of 8 projects 6 were the different class
library project, 1 was for Event Receivers and 1 was for Web Parts using VSeWss 1.3. Now i created a new web part inside web part
project code it according to my need and compile it without any build errors. I changed following setting in web part project
Right click Web Part project in solution explorer.
In properties pane click on Debug.
Under Start Action section, select Start browser with URL and type the URL of my SharePoint site (http://xxxx:3000/) where i need to deploy that
I saved the settings and close the properties window.
Right click the Web part project and click Deploy..
“Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.WebNotFoundException: No SharePoint Site exists at the specified URL: http://xxxx:3000/. The Web application at http://xxxx:3000/ could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.
—> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The Web application at http://xxxx:3000/ could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, SPUserToken userToken) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl) — End of inner exception stack trace —
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPProxyUtility.GetWeb(String url) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPWebFacade.GetWeb(String url) at VSeWSS.Server.Services.SPService.GetWeb(String url)”
I googled it without any success as my VSeWss 1.3 was properly installed, It was using SharePoint Central Admin application pool
under Network Service. Network Service had full access to database,IIS,and added to Local Administrator group. After digging
for hours i could not find anything helpfull. So i analysis this error message in depth, i came to know that its not resolving
my SharePoint site url properly so where is the problem….
After 4 hour i could find the problem well as my solution has 2 projects of VseWss 1.3, 1 for event recievers and other for
web parts. I was only changing the properties for web parts project and i need to change the property of event recievers project
too same as i did for web parts project. As when i naviagte to event recievers project property the “Start browser with URL”
was set to “http://localhost” and it was creating the whole problem. I changed this url to web parts project property url and
deployed the web part projects all was fine…………….
*If in a solution there are 2 different VSeWss projects then you need to set “Start browser with URL” same for both projects. If you have different URL make sure that they should be point to valid SharePoint site.