Today i restored a moss site backup on a new port at my server. This site had Forms based authentication, after implementing
all the settings i logged in as a site collection administrator in to the site. When i click Site Actions links, i found some
options are missing in the menu e.g. “Edit Page”, “Create Page”, “Create Site”, “Site Settings” etc.
Though i was logged in as site collection administrator even then i was unable to found these options. So where was the problem?
After some research i came to know about “site quotas and locks” and i could fix the problems. Below are the steps:
- Open Central Administration
- Go to Application Management
- Under “SharePoint Site Management” section click on “Site collection quotas and locks” link
- Select desired “Site Collection“
- Here in my case “Read-only (blocks additions, updates, and deletions)” was selected, so i select “Not locked” option and clicked on OK. All options were visible and working now.