When I worked on MOSS 2007 I wrote an article regarding Hide View All Site Content and Recycle Bin in Quick Launch: Resolved and this article is one of the most popular article @ my blog.
But that article was suitable only for MOSS 2007. As there are lots of changes from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010, so that article can’t be applied on SharePoint 2010.
One blog surfer told me regarding this and then i decide to dig out that how will we achieve same thing in SharePoint 2010. So after doing some research I could make it happen in SharePoint 2010. Below are the steps to achieve this:
1. Open Notepad and paste following style inside the notepad file:
2. Now save this text file on your system.
3. Open the site where you want to hide Recycle Bin and All Site Content links and upload saved text file in to a document library.
4. After uploading the file click on the name of the file inside document library. Now a dialog box will open and ask for Read Only or Edit Mode.
5. Just select Read Only mode and ok.
6. Text fill will display inside browser. Copy the URL of text file from address bar of browser.
7. No open SharePoint 2010 page where you want to hide Recycle Bin and All Site Content Links.
8. Put Page in edit mode and add a Content Editor Web Part (This web part is inside Media and Content Category in SharePoint 2010) inside the page.
9. Now click on Edit Web Part from context menu.
10. Inside Content Link text box paste the URL u copied earlier in step 6.
11. Click on Ok and you are done.
Happy SharePointing 🙂