I was working on DFD of an on-going project. For DFD designing I chose Microsoft Visio 2010 but after doing some work on that I came to know that Visio crashes very frequently. Believe me that for callout descriptions I need to copy paste a text and for achieving this task Visio crashed more than 20 times. Totally frustrating. Well I restarted the machine and somehow managed the crashes.
On very next day I need to update that DFD and again same thing happen to me as whenever I click on save, Visio got crashed. So I decide to analyse the problem of Visio and tried to fix it. So from that very time my Visio 2010 is working fine. Below are the description of what I analysed and fixed.
When we install Microsoft Visio 2010 in to system then by default a new add-in installed and activate inside Visio i.e. Send to Bluetooth. As when you open the Visio you will find the last tab as Add-Ins and when you click on that you will find that there is Send to Bluetooth in ribbon menu. This is the root cause of Visio crashing. So I disabled this and Visio working fine for me after doing this. Find steps below:
- Go to File > Options
- Visio Options window will pop up
- On left hand side menu of pop up window, click on Add-Ins
- Now on right hand side area make sure to select COM Add-Ins options in Manage dropdown box.
- Click on Go button that is in front of Manage dropdown box.
- COM-Add-Ins window will pop up
- In the list of available add-ins, unselect the checkbox in front of Send to Bluetooth.
- Click on OK button.
- Restart Visio 2010 and you see that now there is no Add-Ins menu.
- You are now ready to work smoothly.